Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Going strong, a little at a time (Week 25 Update)

Here's my week at a glance:

583 calories under weekly budget
10.4% protein consumed
3,853 calories of exercise done (cleaning, yardwork, gardening, aqua aerobics, weight lifting)
1 pound lost (down to 345.4)

I got a fairly uncomfortable sunburn on my upper back and shoulders from aqua aerobics class. I did put on sunscreen but it's very hard to reach there, and I would feel incredibly weird going up to a random person in the locker room and asking them to do my back for me. In the past I've sometimes worn t-shirts over my suit for protection from the sun; my teacher recommended a certain kind of water wear that doesn't have any elastic in it, is built for wearing in the pool and lasts a long time. I'm thinking about getting one; it's long sleeved with a zipper in the front. But it's about $50 bucks, money I don't have right now, and I also figure I'm losing weight and something to wear in the water you don't really want to be baggy and flowing. I have 2 shirts from REI, one short-sleeved and one long-sleeved that are thin enough to dry quickly and actually have some sun protection. I should probably just wear those for now.

It has been a good week overall. I'm kind of nervous waiting for the results of a job interview I did last week, but there's nothing I can do at this point but wait for a phone call.

My foot is still bothering me. I had been on 500mg of Naproxen twice a day almost the whole last 3 weeks while I was doing physical therapy, and then ran out just before the end. I didn't really realize it was helping until it's gone. I've got a refill on it, I just haven't used it yet. I need to stay on top of my physical therapy exercises and stretches as well. I was thinking last night before bed that I should really bring a rope or something up and put it within reaching distance in the morning for doing my hamstring stretches while still in bed.

I'm a little sad because I feel like I wasted the last 3 months or so that could have been good weight loss months and instead I actually gained. I think it's just really hard for me to stay focused on something like physical health when I feel so blahhhh. I'm back on track now though, so that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment