Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Doing a better job now (2011 Week 24 Update)

Here are my stats for the last week:

Calories: 354 under weekly budget
Protein: 10% of diet
Weight Change: -0.3 pounds
Exercise: 2,376 calories worth. yard work, gardening, weight training, stretching and house cleaning.

My mood has continued to improve. I feel more like myself these days; I am able to genuinely smile and laugh. I am still anxious sometimes but doing a better job of coping. I have been sleepier than I am used to though, and I wonder if that might be a reaction to the increased antidepressant medication dose. I suppose it also could just be spring allergies. Here's hoping it passes soon.

I've been going to physical therapy twice per week for my plantar fascitis, to learn and practice stretches and strength training exercises that will make my hips and legs more balanced, and everything stronger and more flexible. I have also been doing some core exercises there, like planks, bridges, etc. It is very hard work but I think it will be a good habit to get into, and not just for my foot problem.

My birthday was last month and one of my gifts was a lightweight, fabric hammock. I just got around to putting it up in a tree in the back yard several days ago and I have really been enjoying hanging out (literally!) outside in it, reading, working on the computer, or just relaxing. And I went back to aqua aerobics again today.

I want to do lap swimming at the pool, but I'm a little intimidated by the crowded lanes, especially since I swim more slowly than a lot of people. I used to go to an indoor pool when I lived in a different city, and it was open all day long, so I could choose non-peak times to go and do some laps. They also had lane markers: "slow", "medium" and "fast", so I felt like there was a spot set aside for me!

I still can't get back to walking and hiking yet (says doc) which is disappointing. Maybe I'll take a cycling class this week at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment