Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cholesterol Update

I had my 3 month check-in with my physician, with accompanying lipid panel. I am on 20 mg of lipitor (the lowest dose) and take a flax oil liqui-gel once per day. Exercise is supposed to help raise HDL and weight loss helps the big picture.

I didn't get a copy of the report like I usually ask for, but here's what I remember:

Total Cholesterol: 167
HDL: 49 (up from 40 in December)
LDL: 99 (about the same)
Triglycerides: don't know.

My doc seamed pleased, and all numbers are within heart-healthy range. I'd like to try going off of the lipitor once I get my weight down and see if I can do without it.

A higher number on the HDL --- maybe 60 would be attainable? -- would be great. If I keep losing weight and getting physical activity, maybe I can get there in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment