Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mood Improvements (2011 Week 22)

Well, I'm kind of late on this post, but I have good things to report. I was under my calorie goal (but not by toooo much) on all but one day last week -- the one day I was over I went to a birthday/housewarming party and I am sure I was over but I didn't keep very good track of various snacks. By my estimate, I was 2,577 under my calorie goal, and I lost one pound.

The good thing is, my mood is improving a little bit. I'm feeling just a bit more motivated, a bit more optimistic.

I was kind of down because I'd really been enjoying hiking, and my podiatrist said I needed to take a break from any hiking or distance walking for a few weeks to let my foot heal, but, well, I've gone to an aqua aerobics class a couple times, and have been using the stationary bike at the gym, and hopefully I can keep it up and still get the exercise I want to get until my foot heals. The aqua aerobics is a little too geriatric for my taste, but I am getting some good stretching in, so I might do some of that and some lap swimming too.

I am also going to a physical therapist for my plantar fascitis issues, and he's having me do a bunch of overall strength training to help my foot, so that's probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment