Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Feeling Stronger (2011 Week 21 Update)

In my last week, as summarized by Loseit, I was about 1200 calories over budget, and gained 2.8 pounds. So, all in all, not the best week.

However, I did go on a big hike on Sunday with my Dad. It was a trail that I'd been on before this past thanksgiving with my whole family and in laws, and it took us all over 2 hours to get around the loop. Last Sunday, it took my dad and I about 1 1/2 hours. I did it again today (I'm a couple days behind on this post) and it took me an hour and ten minutes.

The 2.8 pounds last week I feel like I can blame almost entirely on anxiety and responding to that anxiety by binging on ice cream. I'm really stressed out in the rest of my life right now.

But after the hike today I feel a lot better. I know theoretically that exercise helps with stress management and mood issues but I haven't been good in the past at putting that theory into practice. Today's hike was a good move.

Tomorrow I'm planning to get up at a reasonable hour, go apply for another job, and then spend the rest of the day with my niece. Maybe I'll even go to aqua-aerobics in the evening.

I'm feeling a little bit stronger and more capable, a little more like things are going to work out, one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment