Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Shame on them (Week 26 Update, a little late)

Here are my stats for last week:

0 weight change
1329 calories under weekly budget
3657 calories of exercise (stretching, tai chi, pilates, yoga, stationary bicycle, cleaning, gardening, elliptical, weight lifting, and walking)

The "shame on them" from the title is relative to something that happened at a volunteer training I went to at a local hospital. I had just spent the last 6 hours sitting through various company policy/safety/anti-harassment training videos and activities. I went to the front desk to ask about getting a uniform (there were 5 experienced volunteers there, all of whom had been through the same training I just did). The one who's in charge asked me what size scrub uniform I need (in front of everyone there), and I very matter-of-factly say well, I'm a big girl, I usually need a 4x on the bottom and a 5x on the top. She made an exaggerated big-eyed face, and said something in a loud voice like, "Well I don't know if we have any uniform jackets THAT big, we may need to order something for you!!!" She wasn't so slender herself, so I don't know where she gets off talking like that.

Afterwards I thought I really should have said something; like I should have publicly pointed out her crassness the same way she publicly pointed out my size. I also didn't really want to draw any more attention to myself or the issue though. (Sigh)

You'll notice there is a wider variety of exercises this week. I've mentioned I have a low-income discount membership at the Y, but a friend of mine really wanted me to do a free 1 week trial at the gym she goes to. So I was trying out some of the classes and equipment there. It was nice having someone to make a gym appointment with and who could push me to go a little harder while we were there.

Another thing you might notice is that I'm back to walking again. My plantar fascitis isn't completely gone, and I'm still taking an anti-inflammatory 2x daily, but I'm slowly adding walking back into my routine again and the pain hasn't been worsening.

No comments:

Post a Comment