Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quick Check-in (2011 Week 29 Update)

Here are my stats for last week:

567 calories under weekly budget (right about where I want to be)
12% protein (a little better than usual)
3,760 calories of exercise
Up 0.4 pounds (could be water weight from m.c.)


I'm getting more exercise in my day-to-day at my new job due to needing to walk around the property and check on residents, or close up at night.

Things have felt really busy and overwhelming sometimes in the last couple of weeks, and I know that it is only going to get worse in the coming few months due to double job, extra shift, school, lots up in the air complications.

When I hit September, I will have some sort of scheduled obligation every day of the week, weekends included -- but it is sounding like some of the time I can have Saturdays off if I switch with another volunteer, and I could cut back on my tutoring job if I needed to.

I'm worried about health insurance. Up until today I thought that when my COBRA coverage ran out I could automatically enroll in the same company's health insurance if I didn't leave any break, but it turns out that because I'm living in another state now I'm not eligible... Hopefully by January I will have insurance through a job again.

I'm still not doing great on the munchies at work, but I have improved some. Choosing ice water or unsweetened iced tea instead of soda or juice on my 10 minute breaks is a good decision. Avoiding cookies entirely is a good decision. If I let myself dip into the candy dish, taking a small hard candy instead of a large chewy one is a good decision. But I can still do better. I think if I focus on nice chilled, unsweetened beverages I will be better able to control myself around the sweets.

I am a little nervous about a physical I have to do for work. What information will my work have access to (medications? weight? conditions?) or what kind of things would limit me from working. I've never had to do a physical as a requirement of work before. This isn't for my normal job, it's for covering some extra shifts of someone who's going on vacation. We'll see.

Anyway...although I haven't been making leaps and bounds forward here lately in my health, I do feel like I'm making some good life changes and hopefully my physical condition will start showing it more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment