Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Overdid it by a longshot. Ouch!

Today after I got home from a 6 hour on-my feet a lot volunteer shift, I saw that a group I sometimes go hiking with was doing a walk on a favorite local trail. It was a beautiful day, I was feeling energetic and had been inside all day... So I went for it. We started at 5 and were at the end of the trail by 6:45, and had dinner there, but afterward the only way to get back to our cars was to do the whole thing again.

We thought there might be a trolley to take us the other way. We were going even faster on the way back because it was getting dark. My friend went ahead a ways because she needed to stay close to her 6 year old son, who was on a scooter and very grumpy by that point (can't blame him).

When I finally made it home again and took a shower, the skin along my underwear line in front was rubbed raw to the point it burned to have the water there in the shower. My feet ache, my back aches, my hips are sore. And perhaps TMI, I have a blister larger than a quarter on the inside of my left butt cheek. How am I supposed to protect that while it heals?!

I should have called a cab for the ride back. I knew I was already pushed well beyond my curent fitness limitations. I hope I haven't put myself back to square one with my plantar fascists.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's me, Sash from LoseIt. :) I hope you're healing well. I was thinking about your problem and I wanted to also recommend wicking underwear and perhaps in a larger size that won't bind at the legs. I absolutely understand your issues having had them and at least I can happily say that you won't have these problems anymore after you shed some of the weight. Junonia.com is one of the few places that sells plus size active wear, not the psuedo-active wear that other plus size places sell but actual clothing that is wicking and is made from technical fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sasha, yeah, I'm healing up well. I've ordered things from Junonia before; maybe it's time to give them another try. I think a big part of the problem is I wasn't prepared for a long work out type trek, I was just thinking relaxing walk. Live and learn :)

    ReplyDelete