Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Temptations at work

My new job has added some exercise to my daily routine, between checking on residents and closing up buildings at night. But it has also added some unfortunate temptations. Right within reach when I'm sitting at my desk in the front lobby there is a huge bin full of candy of all kinds. Also, part of my job description is to make cookies twice a day.

These are both meant for the residents of the building I work in and their families, but it is okay if I snack too... But I need to stay strong and remind myself of my weight loss goals. It is really hard when the whole lobby smells like warm ginger snaps or chocolate chip cookies.

The York peppermint patties have been my downfall in the candy bin. Once I've eaten one it's really hard not to go for a second or third, and they are like 150 calories a pop. It's best just not to have any if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment