Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Moving (slowly) in the right direction (2011 Week 30 Update)

Here are my stats for last week:

314 calories under budget for the week
Lost 0.8 pounds this week
Fat 38.1%
Carbohydrates 50.7%
Protein 11.3%

Exercise Summary
Gardening 30 Min
Yardwork 25 Min
Water Aerobics 45 Min
House Cleaning 30 Min
Walking 3 Hours 45 Min
Total 2064 calories

I feel like I have been doing pretty well. My diet was right where I wanted it to be, calorie-wise. I can still work on upping my protein intake (and lowering fat in exchange) but I feel like that is a pretty good accomplishment to come out so close to my calorie goal for the week. I should be doing more exercise for the sake of exercise. I only went to aqua aerobics once and didn't do any biking or anything. The walking I have listed there is from jetting around a hospital where I volunteer, and walking around the entire grounds at work as part of my job.

For the coming week, I've got 5 workout sessions on my calendar (if I make 4 of them, I'm going to give myself a metaphorical big gold star), plus whatever exercise I get at work or volunteering. And I need to fit in my physical therapy strength training too.

I decided to try one other new thing. I really, really love to get massages. I haven't had one in a few years, but I'd love to again. I don't feel like I'm in a place financially where I can shell out for that right now, but I made a deal with myself. For each day that I don't buy any food or drink that is prepared outside my house, I'm putting $3 in my massage fund. If I can get that number up to 50, I'm getting a massage. That should significantly lower my monthly food bill as well as improve my diet, and get me a special treat that I wouldn't have given myself otherwise. I should still come out ahead financially, because if I go out to lunch form work I'd spend at least 6 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment