Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What now? (2011 Week 16 Update)


I lost 0.4 pounds last week, if you go by literal numbers. I did just over 3k calories worth of exercise, mostly working in the garden and cleaning house. Protein consumption could be better (only about 70 g per day).

I was pretty much right on target (only 200 calories under) with my budget, but I haven't been doing a very precise job of calorie tracking -- I mean, I do log everything I eat and try to get the portion sizes correct but the actual food substance might not be an exact match. I think usually when I do that it is close enough, or erring on the side of more calories than I actually ate.

I'm still struggling with mama drama, and some of the stuff that she says is super insensitive. When I call her on it she claims she didn't realize it was making me upset and then scoffs and says she shouldn't have to censor her thoughts for my benefit.

I got really anxious about having some house guests visit last weekend. I felt like I was being super awkward the whole time, and I worried that they would think my place wasn't clean enough.

If I had to sum up the last week in one word it would be anxiety. Job interviews, house guests, two exams, etc. Sometimes I handled it well (cleaning, reading a book, watching tv), others I didn't (pint of ice cream, choc chip scones, donuts, shopping).

Today I am meeting a friend at the park; I am trying to be more social. When I get home I've got a lot of chores to do, but it will feel really great when they are all done. On a happy note, my tomato plants have their first tomatoes on them! And my squash are coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment