Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reaching Out (2011 Week 17 Update)

I was down 1.2 pounds to 341.8 at the end of the week. I got over 3,000 calories worth of exercise, according to loseit (yardwork, walking, gardening, cleaning) but was well over my food budget (currently around 2500) nearly every day.

I was really anxious all week. I tried reaching out to several friends that I wanted to reconnect with to try to build up my social support system again, with some great results and some not so great. That was probably part of the nerves situation, but the main thing weighing on me was an interview that I had scheduled for this Monday (I've already done it). All week I was hemming and hawing about it, and one night I had a dream about getting the job and then failing at it. I've been through a lot, professionally, lately, so I try to tell myself it's all just nerves and me being a worry-wort, but it is still hard to calm myself and traditionally food is something I turn to when I am stressed.

The interview didn't go very well. It was a 3rd interview with this particular organization and the previous two I felt had gone pretty well but I met the director of the organization at the most recent one and she really rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe she was just having a bad day, or maybe I was being oversensitive, or maybe it really is a situation I should just stay clear of. I need a job, though. I will probably know more later this week.

I mean to go to the gym more over my spring break at school. I did end up getting a fair amount of exercise, especially doing outside chores, but I didn't make it to the gym. Tomorrow... maybe then I can go? I should be done at work at 6:30 and maybe if I brought my gym clothes with me in the car I'd be more likely to actually go. Hmm.

I've got a fair amount of homework to finish still tonight so I'm going to sign off, but will keep trying here and hopefully have a good update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment