Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stupid Weight Loss Contest!!! (2011 Week 14 Update)

I took a closer look at my weights since the new year versus my goal (at a rate of -2 lbs per week, hah!) and up until early March, I was doing fine. Up until I started that stupid, stupid weight loss competition with my two girlfriends I was doing pretty well, and then I started *gaining* again (on a 7 day moving average, so it should eliminate any non-meaningful wiggles).

I was about to say "I can't think of anything else in particular that was happening around that time", but then I realized I could go back and see if I made any other notes on what was going on my life. At the beginning of March, I got that interview canceled that I was really counting on. And then my mom's comments comparing my eating habits to my friend's. And then my mood being really low for a couple weeks. So--- yeah, maybe it wasn't the contest.

In positive news, I put some air in my bicycle tires and rode my bike again this week for the first time in months. I've also been doing a lot of work in the garden, taking out a tree, planting a vegetable garden and some flowers, pruning. I haven't been doing all that much exercise for the sake of exercise this week though.

I keep putting "GYM - non-negotiable" on my calendar, but then I don't end up going. I know that my health is on the line, and my $50 bet with my friends, etc etc, but somehow my motivation isn't totally there.

In the last week I *was* doing better with my diet though, I ended the week about 400 calories under budget and averaged 93 g of protein per day.

I am DETERMINED that this week is going to be better!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment