Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

...followed by pain.


After my hike yesterday I did a bunch of cleaning around the house and then hosted my brother and his family for dinner. By the end of the day I could hardly walk. My right foot was in so much pain whenever I would even put the smallest amount of pressure on it to hobble the next step.

My parents had invited me over to watch a movie with them. Whenever I am off my feet for a while and then try to get up again the pain is back -- so sitting still for an hour and a half movie and then trying to walk out to my car, well let's just say I looked seriously impaired.

My insurance situation is kind of wonky right now, but I've decided it's time to take the next step in treatment, which wound be a cortisone shot in the bottom of my foot. I've tried the stretches and the special shoes, and they do help some, but not enough. I've got one podiatrist in town that I'm allowed to go to (by my insurance) so I'm going to call up next week and see about making an appointment. Hopefully the shot will do the trick. Plantar fascitis sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment