Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Another successful hike!


I went on a 2 hour hike today with two friends who are also trying to get in better shape. I consider myself very lucky to live in a place where you can go on a beautiful, sunny hike through the hills about 10 minutes from home in February.

I was definitely the straggler of the 3 of us -- to be expected as I'm about 80 pounds heavier than the larger of them. I was breathing hard, and I got an ache in my side for part of it, and I needed to take several short breaks to catch my breath again during the uphill portions. But I feel great afterward. We went out for a healthy lunch downtown (I had 6oz of baked mahi mahi and some wild rice, water to drink). My legs are definitely sore now but I feel energized and good.

Getting outside and being active (especially with fun friends) is such a good mood boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment