Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Couch 2 5k


I started the couch 2 5k program today. I'm using a free one put out by the NHS available on itunes. today's assignment was 20 minutes of walking with 5 or 6 60-second bursts of running thrown in throughout. My "running" looked more like slow jogging, and I only "ran" three of the bursts that the voice told me to, but it felt like I got a good workout. I also ended up walking longer than planned.

I am still pretty big (~340 lbs) to be running so I don't want to endanger any joints or what not by pushing myself too hard. But I did work up a good sweat and felt like I was pushing myself. That is the first time I've tried to run in at least 3 years, and the last time I tried I ended up getting a *bad* sprained ankle. So I was trying to be very cautious.

Even if I end up spending several weeks on the "week 1" workout I think this will help me move more than I have been and add variety to my workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment