Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Greek style yogurt = YUM


Some truly healthy foods you might expect to taste blah or cardboard or tasteless, but there are others that really are surprisingly good. I went grocery shopping tonight on my way home and happened to pick up some non-fat greek-style yogurt that a friend mentioned that she liked over a year ago, and wow!

Check out this nutrition label:
Calories: 130
Total Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 5mg
Sodium: 45mg
Carb: 20mg
Sugars: 17g
Protein: 12g

I've been looking for ways to increase my protein intake, and I think this might help that goal right along. It's thick & creamy and nothing like the typical watery nonfat yogurt I'm used to. I only got one serving of it, and ate it tonight for dinner with some honey wheat pretzel sticks for dipping and some almond butter for variety. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment