Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sinking back into bed (2011 week 11 update)

This whole week, all I have wanted to do was sink back into bed. It has been chilly, and rainy. My mood is low. This afternoon when I got home from doing errands I was feeling a low energy and like I wanted to lie down for a minute, so I thought I'd listen to a podcast that I had fallen asleep during last night while lying on my floofy pillow chair in the living room. I fell asleep once again, about mid-podcast. And when I woke up, I was so cold, I decided I really needed to crawl back under the covers upstairs in my bedroom to warm up again. I thought I'd just read for a bit. Hah. I know better.

Now it's 8pm, my ridiculously long weekend is over, and I really do have to buckle down and get a few things done before tomorrow.

And I need to check in here, because it is going to help keep me on track, I hope. I'm down to 335.6, which is back about where I was two weeks ago. I don't know where that came from because I have been seriously overshooting my calorie budget all week, but it could just be water weight coming off I guess. I have been getting some exercise, mostly around the house, moving boxes, painting walls, cleaning, carrying things up and down the stairs. I'll put on a kitchen timer for 45 minutes or an hour and tell myself to keep moving until the timer goes off, to keep getting things done. I always work up a sweat that way, but I know I really should be going to the gym as well.

I got fitted for orthotics today (they took plaster casts of my feet), so I should have those in a couple weeks. Hopefully they will help with the exercise vs foot pain issue.

I have been watching a lot of movies, reading a lot of books. Sort of checking out of reality. I did make an appointment with a counselor for next week to talk about, among other things, stuffing my emotions down with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment