Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Don't know where I'm at right now (2011 Week 10 update)

I'd like to be able to say I lost another 2 pounds but I doubt it, and the truth is I don't really even know where I'm at right now, weight-wise. For the last several days, I've been somehow forgetting to weigh in first thing in the morning, and of course when I check later in the day, it's going to be higher, after I've had breakfast and water and whatever. I think I'm probably higher than last week. Maybe around 338. I need to get back in the habit of checking in every day because it helps me keep my goals at the forefront of my mind.

I haven't been in a good place mentally for the last week. Feeling really exhausted and down, and blah. I managed to psych myself up for a job application process at the end of the week but then crashed and burned again on the weekend, getting very little done.

I read recently that too much vitamin C (some other vitamins too) can make you feel sleepy and low-energy. I have been adding emergenC to my water, sometimes twice a day lately, because I thought it would help me get through my cold and avoid getting something else, and I like the way it tastes. I am trying going without it today to see if I notice any difference. Vitamin C is water soluble, so what I had yesterday shouldn't affect me today.

I am having a difficult time with my mom still. Trying to reconcile the fact that she had a degree in psychology and child development yet treated me the way she did growing up. Trying to let the past be the past but then her repeatedly picking away at me again in the present and bringing all those past feelings back up again. I need to set all this aside right now and focus on my school work and my health but it's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment