Adieu (pronounced ah dee yuh) translates to "God be with you" and is generally used when you know that you won't see the person in question for a long time.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Met with my primary care doctor

I'm doing fairly well on the >100g protein (using shakes/supplements) and <100g carbs plan that my doctor outlined for me. I'm down somewhere between 4-9 pounds in 2 months of trying. I have a pretty wide day-to-day fluctuation so I can't give it an exact number.

I had a follow up appointment with my primary care doctor today. I had been to the surgical weight loss seminar a couple weeks ago, and hoped to get a referral from my doctor to at least start the 6 month process to get it approved. Not to necessarily go through with it, but to have it as an option.

My doctor wouldn't refer me. He wants me to give it at least a year of medical management with him before I consider surgery seriously. I showed him my graphs of weight over the last 15 years, and the yo-yo-ing. His plan for me is the protein diet, then metformin, then possibly phentermine. I've already been on metformin before, for about 8 years. I don't feel like it helped me with my weight loss. My weight yo-yo-ed during that time just as it did during others, and it gave me GI distress. Phentermine I haven't been on before, but stimulants kind of scare me. He also mentioned trying Topamax. I remember my mom being on Topamax "for migraines," but really for weight loss back in 2005 or so. It made her very verbally slow and very forgetful. I don't think I could stand that, in my professional or personal life.

Going to take this one step at a time but disappointed that he wouldn't help me get the other process started.

No comments:

Post a Comment